Regular surface maintenance is incredibly important. It’s easy to get caught up in our busy, day to day lives and forget about things such as the surfaces we walk on, and the surfaces we drive on. If you own a commercial property you know how valuable customer and client satisfaction is. Something as small as a cracked parking lot or driveway can give off the wrong impression of your business. When you’re running a business, the exterior can sometimes take a back seat. But when neglected, it can cause more problems in the long run.
Same goes for residential properties. The driveway or parking space for your vehicle can take a backseat amongst all of your other duties and priorities. Besides curb appeal, having a well cared for driveway will be safe for your family, as well as ensure you prevent any large and costly last minute projects.
By taking five to ten minutes every month to evaluate your paved surfaces, you create the time and space to make small fixes and maintain the wellbeing of your property. If you only check up on your surfaces annually, however, it can create big problems. You might be met with big cosmetic or foundation issues that would have been easy fixes if caught early.
Here are the top 5 reasons why it’s best to perform regular surface maintenance:
- By doing regular surface maintenance and inspection, you catch issues early, avoiding big price tags. Five minutes out of every month is nothing compared to one hour once a year, and a month of fees, headaches and stress.
- If your property’s surfaces are well kept, your customers’ impressions and reviews will be much higher. When it is well maintained, it gives off the impression that the services you offer as well as the food, or whatever goods you may offer are of the highest quality. It gives off the impression of an organized, clean business that cares for its customers as well as creating the safest, most enjoyable experience possible.
- Regularly sealcoating your surfaces will ensure water does not seep into the asphalt glue and foundation, making the paving crumbly and weak. It stops the sun’s harmful rays from fading and weakening the asphalt, as well as lowers the negative impacts of the freeze and thaw cycles during winter time. If you do not sealcoat your surfaces and refresh your sealcoating, deterioration of your paving will come much quicker.
- Regular surface maintenance will stop injuries from taking place – this is a very important point to make. What if there was a pothole, severe deterioration from cracking in your pavement, or extremely faded striping? This is dangerous for your family, customers, clients, pedestrians and drivers.
- Last but not least, keep a well organized record of your monthly inspections. This will show you any changes that may have taken place, or how quickly those changes are deteriorating. It will also be a great way to show your contractor the recorded development so the appropriate steps can be taken.
Regular surface maintenance on your property is vital to its safety, success and financial wellbeing. If your residential, commercial or industrial property needs fixes or work done, make sure to contact Richmond Blacktop. We have over 40 years of experience and will ensure your project gets done on time and under our highest standard. Don’t forget that you can get a free estimate by contacting us today!